Monday, July 23, 2007

All That Brass

To assemble your moving picture, you will also need a piece of blue construction paper, scissors, glue, two wooden craft sticks, and a brass paper fastener. Now, the brass paper fastener thing can be a real problem. Although they used to be common, they are now exceedingly hard to find. I know this because I went out last night to look for some. My solution? Get a three prong paper folder and cut out the fastener. I got mine from Wal-Mart for ten cents. That means I have three fasteners for various craft projects at 3 cents each, which I think is a pretty good price. These folders are everywhere for Back to School so it might be a good idea to stock up now. The only case where they won't substitute for the proper type of fastener is if you wanted a pretty brass stud showing as part of the project. But in this case, where it is hidden behind the river, it doesn't really matter.

No comments: