Saturday, July 14, 2007

Scrub-a-dub-dub

Today's plan starts with some unusual events -- Natalie piled a bin full of wet soapy stuffed animals (they got a bath last night, unknown to Steve and I) and is scrubbing her bathroom floor and sink with a spray bottle of white vinegar/water mixture and some cloth diapers. After our cleaning session, and hanging the animals out to dry on the clothesline, we'll head out to the beach. The sea nettles haven't quite taken over the water yet, so I think we have a bit more time to enjoy it. Then it's home for Baked Chicken and Rice (which I made last night), naps, and then we'll be making two 9 x 13 pans of Cinnamon Zucchini Cake, one for home and one for Steve and I to take to Dessert Nite and Bingo. We're getting a babysitter and going out!

I'm planning our two weeks of Oceans and will post it soon. It looks like the children and Steve will be going up to CT at just the right time to be the culminating field trip for that unit and Jenn will take them to their family beach cabin on the Atlantic. They can see an ocean for the first time! This actually works out really well for me, since we've done all the local aquariums on field trips for other units, and I was scratching my head a bit for this one. But a Real Ocean is just the ticket.

No comments: