Tuesday, August 21, 2007

More Verses

I've decided to make a list in the Notes section of my planbook of the verses and songs that will consistent from day to day, throughout the week. This is my to-learn list when I'm prepping in advance, and it is something I can refer to each day during my lessons, as to how I had planned to do the transitions. We can work on learning the daily routine slowly. Then each week I will write in the Notes for that week what new verses and songs I'd like to introduce (like I said before, don't be too hard on yourself if you don't have a long list of transition stuff memorized. It's better to take it slowly, anyway, or you'll overload your kids instead of creating rhythm. It has to feel natural and "of the moment".)

As far as how I will set up the lesson planning part of the book, the top section for each day is for Circle Time (the fingerplays and so on) and the bottom section is where I will indicate our Story and our Activity for the day (baking, making a craft project, etc.)

From Seven Times the Sun, besides "Good Morning to You" (on the pentatonic xylophone), I am learning "The Cave of Mum" (on the drum).

From A Child's Seasonal Treasury, I will introduce the following next week

greeting (at circle time): Morning, page 13

verse for doing housework: Cleaning Up, page 9 (for this I need to make a mouse finger puppet)

verse for putting toys away: It's Time, page 9 (rhythm sticks)

verse for washing hands: Shimmering Sea, page 9


So that it my list of 6 things to memorize in preparation for next week. Hurrah!


As far as bedtime verses go, I recommend Eurythmy for the Young Child (this is also a great source for circle time stories & movement). When Natalie was doing Preschool I had her learn the following verse

Safe I am, safe I'll be
Protected by my angel


No comments: