Sunday, August 5, 2007

School Year Planning

I just found a great website of selected -- not comprehensive -- religious holidays from around the world & throughout history, organized by each month; it is called School of the Seasons (they also have a seasonal living blog which you can sign up for). The pages I've linked to below are a few years old but are still very helpful. Our S.S. year will run from September 9th to May 25th and I am making notes of the holidays before I plan the lesson content. For example, the first day of school is also Grandparents Day, which gives me ideas for our first project and a way to break the ice. Here are the monthly holiday links (look at the bottom of each page for a link to page 2):

August
September
October
November
December
January
February
March
April
May

This information is helpful if you are doing a year-round study of the Saints in Grade 2 and, since things on the internet often disappear, I would recommend printing the pages out even if your child is far away from second grade.

Another helpful link I want to remember is for free sitecrawler software (which looks for spelling errors and broken links) so I am also putting it here: Inspyder InSite 1.4.1.

After I make a list of holidays I am working content around, I'll plan a draft of the school year, eat lunch, stretch, and it's on to planning Great Artists for Natalie!

No comments: