Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sidewalk Chalk-a-Thon

This afternoon I am taking the children to the Sidewalk Chalk-a-Thon at Annmarie Garden. That should be so much fun!

Tomorrow our afternoon activities will be getting Natalie her own library card (required for school) and visiting the local dog park. We keep driving past the dog park on our way to Natalie's camp, and she has asked over and over if we can take Toby there. So tomorrow is the day for that.

Saturday our church is having a Peach Festival; it is also the day of a local book sale so of course I have to hit that! This weekend Steve is getting a new car. He was approached by someone who wants to swap his 1966 Mustang for Steve's whatever-year-it-is old BMW. I am really excited to have the Mustang at our house. It would be really cool if we could have all our cars be from the same year! Except they didn't make minivans in 1966. So they are trading cars sometime soon, I think it is this weekend. Then Monday I have an interview to be on the admissions desk at a local museum. This would be a weekend position, something I can do and still take care of the kids during the week. We have a storm kicking up here so I have to turn off the computer. Leah is unloading the dishwasher, after having spent all morning playing in a huge box with her silks. Rebecca is taking a nap. Natalie is at camp. I am making peppers stuffed with bulgur, tomatoes, and pine nuts for lunch. Just another day...

I hope that I'm able to do preschool with L and B this year. I'd love to be able to post actual teaching ideas here instead of just random musings. :-) No matter what happens, I will be able to write about Old Testament Stories throughout this year.

No comments: