Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Upcoming Birthdays

I discovered a new toy store in the area when I was on my way home from the physical therapist. I quickly got two Curious George birthday cards (happy 3 for my nephew Tommy and happy 4 for Leah) as well as Leah's birthday presents for this year: the Goodnight Moon board game (essentially Lotto, there's no reading or counting) and a wonderful new collection of children's poetry illustrated by Polly Dunbar (of Dog Blue fame): Here's a Little Poem: A Very First Book of Poetry.

For Tommy I just ordered the Cookie Paint Box kit (Bright). He already has a TON of toys, books, and clothes, so I thought one-on-one time with Mom doing something special would be the perfect present. Especially since he is the middle child. Hopefully they will really enjoy baking and decorating cookies together! The kit is on sale for $11.99 so that plus shipping is still below the $20 limit Steve set me for this gift.

I'm really on a roll this year!

Now, watch, I'll do something stupid like forget to plan Leah's party this year because I have it in my head as being all taken care of in advance. :-)


No comments: