Monday, October 8, 2007

Morning Glories

Our morning glory covered tipi is so beautiful... it is going strong and has more blooms on it than ever. I am amazed at how this plant keeps going even into the autumn. It gets a late start in the summer so I guess that is why. I will miss these flowers when they are finished, but it is nice to know that we are keeping the bamboo poles up so that maybe it will reseed and even more vines will grow next year.

I have a wonderful new plant to add to my garden this fall. At PRAD (a local festival) I was given a local magnolia tree seeding -- the Sweetbay Magnolia or Magnolia virginiana. I went down to the Calvert Marine Museum Saturday morning to work on the admissions desk and so many people came in with plants that I inquired and found out that one of the tables outside was giving them away! I was lucky because, by the time I got out there, there were only 3 plants remaining. I can't wait to see how this tree does in my garden, and I am very grateful to have it. Magnolias are one of my absolute favorite trees and I have always wanted one.

No comments: