Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Lessons Missed

Natalie is home sick again today. She missed making pokeberry ink with her class, which they used to write with. DON'T EVER eat anything from this plant!!! But the color is gorgeous and can be used with children who understand that it is not to be ingested.

I'm not sure what their class did yesterday; most things we can easily do at home so I will check with the teacher and see if I can "substitute" and fill Natalie in on what she missed. Tomorrow is my big Tidewater teaching debut. I'm very excited. I have all my things gathered up (the kids keep stopping by the hand carders and doing a little work on their way down the hall -- they are so appealing) and ready to go at 8 am tomorrow morning.

Leah and Rebecca continue onwards and upwards with rolling logs to make fences around their gardens, spreading mulch, and grinding corn. The babysitter today brought Tikki Tikki Tembo which was an instant hit and all afternoon they climbed the mulch pile and played "falling down the well" and "Old Man With The Ladder." :-)

The two younger also had their dentist appointment today so everyone is excited about new toothbrushes and pretty two-minute egg timers. They just gave us the regular kind but Rosie Hippo's carries adorable toothbrush/timer holders for girls and boys -- nice stocking stuffer idea!

No comments: