Sunday, December 30, 2007

Les Fleurs

Natalie and I have been working on the Rainbow Flower Felting Kit. To introduce this craft, I went searching for a nice flower poem. Happily, I found an entire flower and tree section in a large book of poetry: Favorite Poems Old and New selected by Helen Ferris. This book is a GREAT value and contains over 700 poems! Finding a flower poem was a snap (I picked Window Boxes by Eleanor Farjean). Categories of poems in this book are

  • Myself and I

  • My Family and I

  • My Almanac

  • It's Fun to Play

  • Little Things that Creep and Crawl and Swim and Sometimes Fly

  • Animal Pets and Otherwise

  • On the Way to Anywhere

  • From the Good Earth Growing

  • Roundabout the Country, Roundabout Town

  • My Brother the Sun, My Sister the Moon, the Stars, and Mother Earth

  • Bird-Watcher

  • People to Know, Friends to Make

  • Almost Any Time Is Laughing Time

  • My Fancy and I

  • Sign of My Nation, Great and Strong

  • From All the World to Me

  • Story Time is Special Time

  • From the Family Scrapbook


It is indexed by Title, by First Line, and by Author as well.

No comments: