Monday, January 14, 2008

The Adventures of Duckie and Mister Shark

One of my friends gave Rebecca a set of paints and brushes and some little wooden figures and a tray with a little cup for water. So today we had a Painting Day! Rebecca chose to paint the shark and Leah chose the duck and they had great fun with the blue and purple. For my children, rinsing their brush clean so they can choose a new color seems to be the most fun. Are all kids like that? The tray is very deep and has a wide rim so it is perfect for a messy project. Once the figures are dry I'm sure the amazing and creative storytelling will begin!

This afternoon we are going to a play date. I found a storytime that meets on Thursdays so we will try that this week. Also in the plans are to bake a cake, to visit my grandparents, and to go gleaning at Clagett Farm.

The Gleaners. Jean-François Millet. 1857

No comments: