Tuesday, January 29, 2008

NO BOTS ALLOWED!

This evening at bedtime Rebecca and I were doing some silly storytelling. She was telling me about some "bots" which were going to be all over her in the morning and I was saying that I was going to have to give her a bath outside with the hose and wash all those bots away. Then she said she was going to have layers and layers of bots on her and I was pretending that I wouldn't be able to recognize her with all those bots on her in a big pile and I would be walking around the house saying oh, no, where's Rebecca? She's lost! She was giggling and giggling and we were having a grand time. Then I asked her where all those bots would come from and she explained that you could get them at the grocery store. She went on to say that she was going to be so covered with bots that they would eat off her legs! So I said that next time we were at the store if we saw a big box that said "Bots for Sale" we would just keep going and not buy any bots. And, in fact, we could put a big sign on the door that said NO BOTS ALLOWED! just to be sure than none came in by mistake. And we also decided that if one did come in we would suck it up in the vacuum cleaner because not only are bots afraid of water but they don't like being sucked up by vacuum cleaners. Natalie had been asking me for some letter work, to practice her writing, so her work tomorrow morning if she gets dressed and eats her breakfast quickly and has a little extra time is to make our NO BOTS ALLOWED! sign (I write in block capitals, she copies) and we will hang it on the front door.

Just to be safe. ;-)

No comments: