Sunday, May 4, 2008

Revised Common Lectionary

We are switching Sunday School supervisors next year and I have been told that I can teach in whatever style I like but the lessons need to be based on what the pastor's sermon is going to be about, so that the stories we teach on Sunday are more cohesive. I always disliked one lesson during the S.S. service, another during the class time, a third Bible reading during the Children's Sermon at "big church" and then a fourth during Wee Worship. It seemed like the kids would be overwhelmed by all that. So I am happy to follow the guidelines given - the Revised Common Lectionary. I had no idea that the pastors were given Bible verses in advance!

Anyway, all of this to say that I probably won't be sharing as much of my S.S. notes because it won't really be the chronological lessons of the Old Testament block of Waldorf 3rd grade, it will skip around much more. I am really enjoying our prep for Daniel, Servant of the Lord. Today we practiced with microphones and costumes on our stage. Next week is another, more formal, dress rehearsal; performance on May 18th.

Natalie gave me a beautiful bouquet of flowers on May Day. They made simple cones out of shelf liner paper (water resistant) with ribbon handles. School is almost ended for her - May 30th. Leah and Rebecca have had slight fevers lately so we've taken things slow, although we did get outside for some bubbles and hopscotch on Friday.

No comments: