Friday, August 1, 2008

Bonfires & Ponies

Today while I was teaching summer camp my Yahoo Group caught on fire.

I sent a message clarifying that the waldorfcurriculum.com website is a subscription site (if you pay to be a member you are charged every 6 months until you cancel) and it was misinterpreted that the members of the Yahoo Group were being charged behind their backs and lots of people were very upset. So I had to issue a clarification of my clarification. I hate that! But I am not taking it personally that people are upset because I know that I didn't do anything wrong, I just could have been clearer in my wording. Not taking things personally is one of the steps in the Four Agreements.

Ancient Civ is going marvelously; we were written up in the paper today. After dinner I will try to write up the fun and excitement of Thursday and today.

I have been using my paychecks to pay down debts (my highest interest credit card is now completely paid off) and have set aside $132.15 from that to spend on my children on a vacation. I would like to take them camping for 2 or 3 days and have friends who will happily lend me a tent and other camping equipment. I had originally thought I would have to rent but they insisted on sharing -- which I really appreciate. This means the gas, campground fees, and food will be the only costs. I have to do a campground within MD so I was thinking about Assateague Island. It is supposed to be really beautiful and I think the girls will love the ponies walking idly down the beach.


1 comment:

LillyZoo said...

rhoda,
I understood what you meant. I am signed up with your great service and believe you are doing great work. Good for you that we are paying you to help us and do what you love. Keep on shining!