Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Isn't That a Lot?

Someone on Freecycle is giving away a guinea pig so I asked Leah (she's home with me today, sick) - do you think we should get a guinea pig? And she says, "No. We already have a lot of pets. " But I was looking online: Keeping Guinea Pigs as Pets and it says they are friendly and like to cuddle and so I showed her the picture and was saying how nice it would be. This child looks right at me and says, "That would be three pets. Isn't that a lot to take care of?"

How did she get to be so practical????

Maybe Santa will bring me a g.p. in my stocking.

I just love animals. I'm still kicking myself because I didn't take the free duck someone was giving away in the Pennysaver. And my heart is telling me to rescue the Tidewater Sheep before they get auctioned off at the county fair at the end of the month and slaughtered... (I do have that shed in the back yard. And I have been trying to figure out how to keep the lawn mowed.)

No comments: