Friday, February 20, 2009

RSV

Well, it seems so funny to read my last few posts from Monday afternoon. They were so light and easy and carefree! What happened after that was not nearly so fun.

Monday at 8 pm I took Leah to Urgent Care because she said she was having trouble breathing and she had a fever of 103.8 which came on suddenly. Urgent Care called 9-1-1 and put us in an ambulance to the hospital. The E.R. gave her a chest X-ray and admitted her for pneumonia which we began to treat. Still she was having trouble breathing. So more testing was done and it turns out that she had RSV and pneumonia simultaneously. This was discovered Tuesday evening. We were in the hospital until 3 pm today when her oxygen levels stayed above 92 while she was asleep. Tuesday she was on oxygen all night. Wednesday for the first half of the night. (Lying down lowers your oxygen levels anyway and the shallow breaths you take when you are asleep don't help -- but the numbers should be above 92. Hers were falling to 85.) Thursday night we were hoping to go the whole night without oxygen but she still needed it. Today she took a nap and stayed at 93!!!! So they sent us home. Hooray. I missed Natalie and Becca so much; I just went out the door Monday night while their grandmother stayed with them, thinking we would head to Urgent Care, stay a few hours, and come back home... and it turned into this huge 5 day thing. And they weren't allowed to visit the hospital at all so I didn't seem them. Now we are all reunited and I am so looking forward to spending time with all 3 this weekend. Steve would usually have the girls this weekend and I would have them next weekend but I asked him to switch since I hadn't seen N and B at all since Monday.

Anyway, I hope my inbox isn't full of people being disgruntled because they signed up for the website and didn't receive their username and password yet but I was stuck in the hospital... I will process all that stuff tonight.

SOOOOOO glad to be home!

No comments: