Friday, June 26, 2009

Road Trip!

Okay, so I've decided to drive to the conference in Colorado. I just Mapquested it and it is 1759.90 miles from my house to the Boulder Waldorf Kindergarten. At 27 hours, 47 minutes, we are looking at a pretty easy drive. My drive to New Mexico was worse. I leave on July 4th -- the workshop is from the 8th to the 12th -- and arrive back at home on the 17th. That's four days to drive out, five days at the workshop, and five days to drive back. I'd like to take some scenic detours on the route home. I am taking my laptop so I can update my blog with chirpy notes from Suzanne's course. And my workshop attendees at Nicole's conference in August will also be hearing a lot about what I have learned. I am presenting on Grades 1 & 2 so the storytelling should be very appropriate! I also hope to share a lot about puppet-making. In my experience, homeschoolers have done the research so they know WHAT to teach, it's the HOW. They want someone to demonstrate, to show them the hands-on part that they can't get in books. And that's my job at the conference.

By the way, I just got the court order today approving the restoration of my maiden name. Hooray! I am now Rhoda Switzer.

1 comment:

Truffula said...

Safe travels, Rhoda!

Yes, I think you are spot on with your conference teaching approach - it's so helpful to receive guidance on how to translate the curriculum on paper into presenting it in real life.