Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Recreation.gov

The computer can be a handy tool in helping to organize information. For example, I found out through the recreation.gov website that the campground for Arches National Park, Devil's Garden, is reserved first come-first served beginning at noon. This means I have to head there before I drive into or hike any part of the park. I also learned what the fees for the campground and for the park are and checked my bank balance online so I knew how much cash I could pull out at the next ATM. Plus, I learned about the National Parks annual pass called America the Beautiful. 80 bucks for an annual pass seems pretty reasonable to me, considering that visiting national parks is about all I'm going to be doing for the next ten days.

Here's the info:

America the Beautiful Pass - The pass costs $80 dollars and will get you into all National Parks, Monuments and Federal Lands for a year.


America the Beautiful Pass

It can be purchased at the entrance to any of the National Parks or purchased online. Buying the pass at the park you visit, rather than online, helps to fund that park. Eighty-percent of the funds will stay in the Grand Canyon if you buy the pass at their gate. The pass is good for more than the National Parks, it also covers sites managed by USDA FS, NPS, USFWS, BLM and Reclamation. The pass covers the entrance fees and amenities. If you are 62 or older or receive disability benefits, you may be eligible for the Senior or Access pass.

If you have questions about the American the Beautiful Pass call their contact number:
1.888.ASK.USGS - press 3.

No comments: