Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Books About Nuts

I am using the idea in Active Arithmetic about making the figures with nuts on the tabletop in addition to making them with our bodies outside on the blacktop. I purchased a large quantity of nuts but I was looking for a story to use to introduce it. I was thinking of an animal that likes to arrange the nuts it has collected for the winter into beautiful patterns. I thought first about Squirrel Nutkin but he doesn't really like to collect nuts (as is clear in the story). Then I thought about


but there's no squirrel or chipmunk in it. Next I thought about


which has a badger with a sack full of nuts in it. This is the best I can come up with. Any other suggestions?

1 comment:

Renee said...

Two just immediately came to mind! They are both by Elsa Beskow. Woody, Hazel and Little Pip. Children of the Forest.