Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Biography

Just found an old Amazon review which is actually really helpful to me right now... the list of biographies included in a book I have on my shelf. Road to Greatness (Collier's Junior Classics, Volume 8)

This book, volume 8 in a wonderful series, contains short -- but not babyish -- biographies of the following people from history:

    Robert E. Lee
    Helen Keller
    Mohandas Gandhi
    Samuel Langhorne Clemens
    Mary McLeod Bethune
    Thomas Alva Edison
    Anna Pavlova
    Lou Gehrig
    Saint Francis of Assisi
    Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
    Florence Nightingale
    Fridtjof Nansen
    Edgar Allen Poe
    Louis Armstrong
    Marie Curie
    Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
    Nathaniel Bowditch
    Elizabeth Barrett Browning
    Moses
    Michelangelo Buonarotti
    Louisa May Alcott

A wonderful addition to a homeschooler's library!

Natalie is about to read about Nathanial Bowditch to accompany her Geometry block... and I can put Poe and Clemens in the Lit Crit block... and I can make a note of Michelangelo for Leah's block next year on the Renaissance... Helen Keller goes with the Philosophy topic Courage... Not a bad find!


Helen's Big World: The Life of Helen Keller


Other teaching topics which could tie in with one of these Biographies? Please let me know and I will add them to the tags for this post.

No comments: