Thursday, October 1, 2015

O Fortuna

Notes and Miscelleny:

Green Pen. I made myself a note to mention that my favorite CTY professor always used a green pen to mark up my writing pieces. And she said its because people find it easier than a red pen, which looks like MISTAKE, whereas a green pen looks like a helpful suggestion.

O Fortuna. "Fortuna" is one of our Latin vocabulary words. Which for me is enough of an excuse to enjoy one of my favorite videos with my kids.

Also sung in Latin...

Poetry Self-Portrait Anthology. A lesson from the mind of Georgia Heard. Awakening the Heart: Exploring Poetry in Elementary and Middle School

Leah chose "Lazy Jane" (p.87) and "Hector the Collector" (p.46), both by Shel Silverstein.

Natalie chose "The Four Seasons" by Jack Prelutsky (p.35) and "Valentine" by Shel Silverstein (p.38).

I chose "The Cow" by Roy Wilkinson (p.149) and "From The Deer's Cry (The Breastplate of Saint Patrick)" (p.108).

No comments: