Sunday, February 28, 2016

"I Want to be a Waldorf Kindergarten Teacher..."

I was working on a series of pages for a new client, about setting up a Waldorf Kindergarten environment in your home, and my 12 year old was looking over my shoulder at pictures like these:


The Autumn Corner
blog post - A Small Tribe


Homemade Playstands
blog post - Growing Roots and Wings

Madison Waldorf School Kindergarten classroom

Wasatch Charter School Kindergarten classroom

Homeschooling with Waldorf
blog post - The Wonder of Childhood

Waldorf Play Rooms
blog post - Moon to Moon


And she says to me, "I want to be a Waldorf Kindergarten teacher, Mom! Forget 7th grade... next year I want to go back to Kindergarten."

And I said, Leah, you ARE. Because we are going to be setting up our home like this and doing all these things for Zac!


I've recently changed out the pile of books in my bathroom, which used to be my anthroposophical reading, because I realized the girls were reading them also. So, since they are all interested in Early Childhood, I've given them a new stack to enjoy:


Well, I Wonder: Childhood in the Modern World
by Sally Schweizer



Natural Childhood: The First Practical and Holistic Guide for Parents of the Developing Child
by John Thomson



Please Touch: How to Stimulate Your Child's Creative Development through Movement, Music, Art, and Play
by Susan Striker



Young at Art: Teaching Toddlers Self-Expression, Problem-Solving Skills, and an Appreciation for Art
by Susan Striker

1 comment:

SH said...

Love what you are doing with your children. Very inspiring.