Monday, February 22, 2016

2016 - 2017 School Year Blocks

Next year I'll be teaching a 6th grader and a 7th grader. Becca will be new to Waldorf so, like I did for Leah and Natalie, I'll have her do some of the blocks she missed that I think she would really enjoy and that would be beneficial to her developmentally. Old Testament Stories (usually done in 3rd grade) is what I'm especially thinking about. Every day I wake up and I think "I have to have Becca do Old Testament Stories," and I think it's the voice of her angel. Developmentally, she's ahead of herself academically and behind herself emotionally... so that's always tricky.

Here is the current plan for next school year:


Cultural 1
Becca - Ancient Mythologies: India, Persia, Babylon, Egypt

Leah - Kalevala


Mathematics 1
Becca & Leah - The Story of Geometry


Language 1
Becca - Old Testament Stories I

Leah - Wish, Wonder & Surprise


Science 1
Becca & Leah - Physics


Cultural 2
Becca - Middle Ages

Leah - Renaissance & Age of Exploration


Mathematics 2
Becca - Baking (Time, Temperature, Weight, Volume)

Leah - Algebra


Language 2
Becca - Old Testament Stories II

Leah - Tall Tales / U.S. Geography


Science 2
Becca - Geology

Leah - Astronomy / Meteorology


Cultural 3
Becca - Local History & Geography

Leah - World Geography: Africa


Mathematics 3
Becca - Business Math (Fractions, Decimals, Percents, Graphing)
Leah - Geometry


Language 3
Becca - Old Testament Stories III

Leah - King Arthur


Science 3
Becca - Botany

Leah - Chemistry

1 comment:

dreaming in maine said...

I wanted to write a comment to let you know I am really enjoying reading back through your blog! I am really appreciating the thoughts, ideas, book suggestions, etc. I'd love to see more samples of your children's work! I think it's helpful to see what other kids are managing in their main lesson books (or workbooks, or whatever they're working on). Anyway, popping by to say hello :)