Sunday, December 2, 2007

Breakfast for Dinner

Friday I took the two younger kids with me grocery shopping and we got a TON of food. When I got home I idly asked Rebecca, what do you think we should have for dinner tonight? I'm not sure why I asked... but I was so surprised by her answer. She immediately said "grapes, granola, chocolate syrup, and granola bars for dessert." I nixed the choc. syrup but was okay with the rest of it so we played "Breakfast for Dinner" and the kids loved it!

This week in school is "Say Good-bye to Autumn"; next week we begin with making Christmas presents. Tomorrow for Art day I'd like to make leaf prints (just beautiful leaves, tempera paint, and heavy paper). I looked in the Autumn volume of the the Wynstones Kindergarten series and there are so many verses to choose from!!! It's a little overwhelming, actually. I think I have settled on the Late Autumn Ring Game which we can work on in parts each morning at Circle Time. From pages 56-58, it includes verses, movements, and songs.

Songs are:

    Come little leaves - page 46

    My lantern, my lantern - page 29

    Glimmer, lantern, glimmer - page 30


Just an odd random link -- I found this haiku face-off online while looking for something else but found it very interesting. The judge analyzes all 8 poems and it is fun to read what she thinks are the strengths and weaknesses in each. Check it out!

By the way, if you're into haiku (or introducing it to your kids), I really recommend Basho and the River Stones by Tim Myers.


No comments: