Thursday, March 20, 2008

Summer Camps

I've been hired to teach a series of week and 2 week long summer camps at Tidewater School -- themes of Nature Exploration, Art & Drama, and World Cultures, specific topics to be of my choice. I am super excited to begin planning these! Hopefully even if my family circumstances prevent me from homeschooling (if I have to go to work full-time to support myself and my three children) I will still be able to use my wonderful curriculum library and enjoy the Waldorf approach. I get to use any philosophy -- the sky is the limit. I hope to begin brainstorming topics soon and adding my curriculum notes to the website for others to use when they brainstorm these same main lesson blocks. The ones I am most inspired to tackle are

2nd grade -
Fables

3rd grade -
Farming
Gardening
Housebuilding

4th grade -
Norse Mythology

5th grade -
Ancient Mesopotamia
Ancient Egypt
Ancient Greece
Botany

6th grade -
Ancient Rome


I get a total of eight weeks, from Monday - Friday, 8 am to 3 pm.

On a completely unrelated topic, today the children and I went to visit my Grammy and got trapped in the elevator when the power shut off. We just sat down on the floor and told stories until the lights came back on. Was pretty nervewracking though.

No comments: