Monday, June 18, 2007

Sudoku Victory

Today I completed -- correctly -- the weekly sudoku puzzle in the paper FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER. Hurrah! I'm so pleased with myself. When I was at Mount Holyoke I played in weekly Trivial Pursuit contests. At Smith it was a crossword puzzle every night before I would start my homework. (Not always a plan for success in academics.) But lately I've not been doing much to keep my mind sharp. Enter sudoku. Although I always make mistakes I try gamely each week. I started this newest one Saturday morning but got stuck and had to give it up. Then this afternoon I decided to return to it after my shower and demolished it within half an hour. :-)

For those who feel such a short-lived victory is hardly worth celebrating, I offer up this thought (and my new motto):

Happiness makes up in height what it lacks in length.
Robert Frost

No comments: