Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fairy Houses

Sunday I took the girls to Annmarie Garden Sculpture Park. I had no idea that they had a new art installation -- fairy houses sprinkled throughout the woods! The children went absolutely nuts. We spent an extremely pleasant hour wandering slowly through the park and searching for these delicate constructions. Some of them were very elaborate. There were even hanging fairy houses. The children then made up their own fairy names and played at being fairies for several days. I had to relearn all their names: Silvermist, Rosetta, and Annabeth. Luckily for me, Natalie made me a little piece of paper saying who was who and I carried it in my purse. Lots of happy play resulted from this little visit to the garden and the children want to go back again and again to see their favorite houses.

Usually people recommend Fairy Houses by Tracy Kane but I greatly prefer Daniela Drescher's work



No comments: