- my Norse Mythology webpage
notes from Norse Mythology I: Week One
notes from Norse Mythology I: Week Two
Monday, January 20
- read "Sif's Golden Hair" (stop after first paragraph, show illustration, ask children to make predictions)
- begin watercolor painting of the dwarves at the forge making the first set of gifts from my 2019 workshop with Gail McManus
Tuesday, January 21
- read "The Challenge of Thor" by H.W. Longfellow from The Waldorf Book of Poetry, page 166
- rough draft, edit, add to MLB "Thor, the Thunder-god" and "Loki, the God of the Jotun Race"
- read "The Forging of Thor's Hammer" by S.M. Ryan from The Waldorf Book of Poetry, page 167
- do table read of the script for "Loki - the Mischief Maker" by John Miles from Promethean Press
- finish watercolor paintings (the colors we used were Stockmar lemon yellow, vermillion, rotviolett, rotbraun, and ultramarine)
Thursday, January 23
- rough draft, edit, add to MLB "Sif's Golden Hair"
- read "Loki's Monstrous Brood"
Friday, January 24
- rough draft, edit, add to MLB "Loki's Monstrous Brood"
- read "Balder, the God of Light" and "Heimdall, the Watchman of Asgard"
This post contains affiliate links to materials I truly use for homeschooling. Qualifying purchases provide me with revenue. Thank you for your support!