Sunday, March 26, 2023

Week 23 Photos

These photos go with the post Week 23 Notes (Mar 13 - Mar 16).

I really do not like the built-in captioning system in Blogger because the print is so small, but if I override it, then you can't click on the photos to enlarge them. Hmmm....


I love the Montessori Golden Bead Material because it so versatile

it's very concrete so it is the first math material we work with
(after the GBM, students transition to the Stamp Game)
I love the number cards because you can "slide 'em and stack 'em"
or open them up to show expanded notation!
a beautiful Ahriman and Ahura Mazda two-page spread finally completed
she is very proud!
we love our ENORMOUS new wooden cubby system, 
donated from another homeschool group in town
Nature walk to look for signs of spring
new plant growth is always rosy-pink like the sunrise!
proof that 2/3 ÷ 6 = 1/9
Board Game Tuesday
Scrabble
Bananagrams
we always start our day with SSR
some computations for Perfectly Perilous Math
the story of the word < I > from The hfw Project
(we even look back in Beowulf and find ic)

and
the Homophone Principle!

whenever possible, in English, when two words sound the same
they will be spelled differently (this is for clarity, not for confusion)
we make word sums for words in the < rain > family
first they have to pass two tests:
the Spelling test and the Meaning test
whenever you think in English that you have two prepositions side-by-side
you DON'T

the first one is acting as an adverb!
partner reading from the Alba series, our wonderful set of early readers
from High Noon Books
division is all about sharing out fairly, so everyone brings one of
our wooden animals to the lesson
then they draw the animals for their MLB
we continue with our St. Patrick's Day theme
and look at the family of < gold >

< goldfinch > and < golden > are in the family
leprechaun is NOT in the family!

it passes the Meaning test but not the Spelling test
jump rope games
our new swing
learning to knit
our Helen Frankenthaler art project
this is a lesson I got from TpT and it was really cool!
a review of the nine basic grammar symbols
from Lower Elementary (ages 6-9)
and they get curious about the Upper Elementary Grammar Symbols
(in Montessori, UE is ages 9-12)

Of course, during Spring Break I thought I'd get all caught up on older notes and photos, but we got a huge donation of furniture (cubbies and bookcases) on week 2 of my break so I spent most of that time moving furniture and rearranging things. I'm going to just stay up-to-date on what we are doing now, and catch up on the past when I can. I know a lot of people are interested in our notes from the World Religions block, and I haven't forgotten! 370 books were donated yesterday so I'm glad to have all those new bookcases...

No comments: