Monday, August 3, 2015

Oven Roasted Corn on the Cob

I needed a bag of frozen corn for an Edamame, Chickpea and Corn Salad recipe so I wrote "corn" in the Freezer section of the grocery list (lower left side) but my darling husband misunderstood and brought me 12 lovely ears of fresh corn. I am blessed that he does all the shopping for me but sometimes mistakes happen. So, thank you dear and, now, what to do with all that corn...

Happily, you can roast corn in the oven very easily. Simply rinse the ears of corn (leave the husks on) and then put them in your oven on the middle rack and bake at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes. Remove the corn, peel back the husks, and enjoy! We will eat 6 and I will use the other 6 in my recipe.

Harvested more okra today, and I am happy to report that the garlic spray and fork combination seems to have kept our one tomato safe from the chipmunks and rabbits. It is getting redder and juicier. (Forks? Did I mention this? Make a circle of plastic forks around a plant you want to protect from cats, who apparently will roll around in your garden, and be sure to arrange them with the tines pointing up to the sky. I figured it would aggravate a little chipmunk too.)

What else is going on here? I'm working on gathering my notes for the Seventh Grade Age of Exploration/Renaissance/Reformation block and will post them soon. Baby is sleeping so I just washed my library floor Pippi Longstocking style, by spraying it down with Dr. Bronner's lavender soap diluted with water, putting down two cleaning cloths, putting my feet on the cloths, and skating all around the library, scrubbing out spots on the linoleum and dancing to oldies. 30 minutes of cardio a day? Got it covered!


How to Have Fun Cleaning Your Floor


Pippi Longstocking



Chapin 20002 Lawn and Garden Poly Sprayer, 2 Gallon



Dr. Bronner's Fair Trade & Organic Castile Liquid Soap - (Lavender, 32 oz)



Gerber Birdseye Flatfold Cloth Diapers, White, 10 Count

No comments: