Thursday, April 4, 2024

Jamie York's Video - The Geometry of the Total Solar Eclipse

We are once again in the path of totality, and very excited about Monday at 1:59 pm!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE check the manufacturer listed on the back of your solar eclipse glasses to confirm that they are on this American Astronomical Society list of Suppliers of Safe Solar Viewers & Filters.


I know that a lot of educational videos are floating around right now...
and I just want to take a second to recommend Jamie York's new one, The Geometry of a Solar Eclipse, if you're going to share a video with your child.

I love that he includes the annular eclipse as well as the total solar eclipse, so that you can see how and why they are different. All of Jamie's work is spectacular and I highly recommend his curriculum guides, math workbooks (for middle school and higher), and online teacher training workshops. I've also visited his home in Boulder CO when I was out there for a puppetry training with Suzanne Down. He's a very nice person!

No comments: