Monday, April 22, 2024

Resources for Coordinate Graphing

For years I've been keeping track of the math worksheets I've used and liked from Teachers Pay Teachers, for when students request traditional math practice (sometimes Montessori children really crave a worksheet!!!) or are transitioning to a more traditional school.

If you're looking for summertime math practice, check out my suggestions!

The Algebra resources I have there include
- Order of Operations
- Integers
- Coordinate Graphing
- Distributive Property
- Equations (1-step and 2-step)

I've discovered that our public high school starts everyone at Algebra I, no matter how much Algebra you did in 8th grade. The only question is whether you'll be in traditional Algebra I or in Accelerated Algebra I. I recently spoke with an 8th grader who was frustrated because her school district required Algebra I in grade 8, but now she'll be bored in grade 9 as they go over the material again. So I wouldn't spend overlong on these skills. Just a taste!


Here are some of my very favorite coordinate graphing activities that would work well for a quick introduction or review.

One Quadrant


Four Quadrants


For a surprise birthday present this year, a student created this "Mystery Picture" for me to solve. What fun!

No comments: