Sunday, February 24, 2008

Baking and So On and So Forth

Today we made Sun-Dried Tomato and Cheese Focaccia from a boxed mix. It was actually pretty good and went well with the lentil soup we had for dinner.

Leah fell off a dining room chair today and her front lip is all swollen and her front gums were bleeding quite a lot, although the ice stopped it quickly, and began to bleed again when she brushed her teeth tonight so we have to take her to the dentist tomorrow to check her gums and teeth. She says her teeth ache. Some of the things I have planned for next week are throwing and catching, balance beam work, acting out a story with dress up costumes, reading The Wiggler and making butter, talking about the dairy farm we have visited in Connecticut and making play dough. I also want to talk about insects and other creepy crawlies starting to wake up with the warm weather because the children have been noticing that some days there are flies buzzing around. I found a fantastic new book about the life cycle of a spider (basically like reading Charlotte's Web but without all the stuff about pigs in it) :-) which is called Once I Knew a Spider. I can't wait to share it with the children especially since it talks about the human life cycle and you can compare them side by side. It really is a beautiful book. The weather is warming up so we can take more Nature walks now. Plus we have that wasp's nest in our Bird Nest Box which we can observe. I wonder if they all died or are just hibernating? It will be fascinating to see.

2 comments:

Marnie said...

I just found your website and blogs. I have a two and four year olds and want to homeschool the waldorf way, but was feeling unsure where to start. Thanks so much for all the information you have set up for others.

http://homes-cool-marnie.blogspot.com/

Marnie said...

PS. I hope you don't mind that I added you to my blog links.