Monday, May 11, 2015

Baby Leek

Wow, my blog just hit 100,000 page views. That's amazing!!!

Baby Leek... yes, we are finally at 38 weeks! I have officially left my job at the Courthouse and am now a stay-at-home mom again, getting the house ready for the baby. Today everything is quiet because the three girls are still in school, finishing at the end of this month, and the new baby has not yet arrived. Ahhh.

Some of the last minute preparations are done (such as finding the perfect stroller, lining up a postpartum doula, and writing my thank you notes for the shower) and some aren't (installing the carseat, buying a baby monitor, and getting myself some nursing bras). It's exciting to think that he will be here any day! One of the things we did to be ready was to get a "new" used gas dryer, since the 1950s one, original to the home, finally stopped working. Even though we use our clotheslines quite a bit, a baby does create laundry and it does rain sometimes, so a dryer seemed like a good idea. The 1955 antique O'Keefe & Merritt stove is still going strong, though, and we love that thing. Finally found the manual online.

I'm going to make some Strawberry Muffins (adapting a King Arthur Flour blueberry muffin recipe) for the girls to take in their lunches tomorrow and start cleaning the hallway and nursery so that I don't trip on anything when I'm carrying a newborn around!

No comments: