Tuesday, March 23, 2021

Rubber Stamps for the Braille Alphabet

I wrote a blog post with an updated list of Resources for Teaching About ASL and Braille last summer when we did the Human Body in Science Club, but this afternoon I was watching my students struggle to put something about Braille in their MLBs for Helen Keller -- trying to draw the cells evenly and fill in the appropriate dots -- and I thought, wouldn't it be great if there was a rubber stamp that had a blank Braille pattern? And you could just stamp the cells and then fill in dots 1 through 6 as needed (more info at BrailleBug).

So, it turns out that there doesn't seem to be anything like that. However, Stampmore has a massive (268 results for Braille) selection of rubber stamps and self-inking stamps for all of the Braille letters, numbers, and punctuation marks in multiple designs. Something I may just invest in for the classroom...

Here are some notes, mostly for myself, in case I decide to buy these. There are other designs besides these, so you may prefer a different look. Of course, it would be much cheaper to get a custom rubber stamp made!

A

B

C

D

E

F

G

H

I

J

K

L

M

N

O

P

Q

R

S

T

U

V

W

X

Y

Z


No comments: