Friday, December 31, 2021

Project: Get These Open Tabs Off My Phone!

Wow. I keep hitting 500 open windows on my phone and I've finally decided I need to move these links somewhere else. Like to here. I have been suffering from near-crippling anxiety about COVID for the past two years and I spend way too much time reading the news. Of course it started, way back in February 2020, because I run a school and had to stay informed in order to make decisions for my program, but it morphed into doomscrolling.

This long long amount of time spent in worry also has made me feel like I have to save a bunch of articles because I think they're really important. Whether they are or not I have no ability to tell, because it isn't in the past yet so I don't have any distance or clarity. But what I'd really like is for the only open tabs on my phone to be the recipes I'm planning to make.


Searching for the recipes in my open tabs and having to scroll through so much doom and gloom to get there has become really problematic for me. So this de-clutter is part of my mental health time over the Winter Break. I'm putting these here to clean out my phone but so that I don't lose them. Just in case they really did need to be saved for posterity!

The earlier COVID articles I saved are here: Coronavirus News Then & Now.


Anxiety About COVID
note to self: do some of these go on the 7th grade Microbiology page?


Anxiety About Trump
note to self: do some of these go on the 8th grade U.S. Presidents page?


And In Other News...

Science


Health


Art


Music


Mathematics


Philosophy


Language Arts


Handwork


History & Geography


Education, General


Homemaking


Conferences & Workshops

No comments: