Friday, September 14, 2007

I Found a Friend!

I am sooo excited -- while at the spiders nature program this morning at BCNES, I met another Waldorf family! Well, she's not strictly Waldorf, per se... her oldest daughter is about to turn 5 and she's starting to look at kindergarten and review homeschool methods and Waldorf appeals to her the most. They are organic vegetable farmers (Next Step Produce) and live in neighboring Charles County. That's still 45 minutes but not too far in my mind, considering how desperate I am to meet some like-minded people. The internet is nice but it's not the same as face-to-face contact. :-) We talked for a long time after the class was over and I think we'll definitely get together to chat and so the kids can play. The best part is that they are looking for laborers on the farm. I wonder if that can be my next job?

2 comments:

Truffula said...

What a wonderful happening!

You know... re: the job potential... I'm wondering whether you might not only be able to be a farm laborer, but also make use of your enthusiasm for teaching. What if you created a special children's summer camp (maybe a week or two long), or a children's on-the-farm series? As inspiration, I'm thinking of apparently successful programs like "Teaching Peace through Gardening," described here and here, for example.

Renee said...

Thanks for the suggestion and the links!