Thursday, April 17, 2008

Frosting a Cake

The children spent 1 1/2 hours preparing all my birthday surprises (5:30 to 7 pm) while I wandered around the Elementary classrooms at Tidewater, perused the bookshelves, and made some notes of resources for my summer camps. Will add them here after I finish my dinner. I didn't read all of these, so I'm not personally recommending them; they are just my notes of titles on their bookshelves which I want them to set aside for me instead of packing them up for the summer. So you will have to follow the links and read the book descriptions to see if any of them are books you might like. One I know for sure -- and am heartily recommending -- is The Mountain that Loved a Bird. It will be our first book in the Farming and Gardening block, at morning circle. I see as I am creating the link that it is out of print. HOW CAN THIS BE?????

It really bugs me when the best of the best get thrown in the trash heap, to be replaced by mean-spirited and shameless marketing of television to children, such as The Rugrats Destroy Manhattan.

Arrgh.

Anyway, borrow this book from your library if you can.

No comments: