Thursday, April 10, 2008

Stargazing Calendar

I have been doing some Fables brainstorming and thought I'd like to tie the stargazing thing I'm working on (learning the constellations) in with it. For example, we could do a fable about a bear, then illustrate it in our MLBs with star stickers at the crucial points on the constellation and then the children could take their workbooks home and try to find the animal in the night sky. In order to do this, of course, you need to know what the summer night sky is going to look like in your area. Therefore, the final element in the Astronomy unit, now Fables unit, is A Year of the Night Sky 2008 Wall Calendar, published by Barnes & Noble (ISBN: 9780760782651). They make one every year and they are marvelous! That makes two calendars I'm buying, since I need the biodynamic one for the Farming & Gardening unit (The Northern Hemisphere Astro Calendar).





No comments: