Friday, September 26, 2008

Colorado

Anyone going to Rahima's conference in Colorado next month?

I wish I could go but I'm still trying to see if it would work out. Last year she gave Steve a free tuition in exchange for making some conference recordings and I finally got those CDs from him! I am super excited to listen to them and quilt. Ah, what a dull life. But a happy one.

By the way, I don't think I ever posted my six degrees of separation story for Sharon Lovejoy. She's one of the keynote speakers. Her book Roots, Shoots, Buckets & Boots: Gardening Together with Children is totally awesome! Actually, if you have her older one Sunflower Houses : Inspiration from the Garden - A Book for Children and Their Grown-Ups, there is a really cool recipe for a clock garden with different flowers blooming throughout the day and you plant them in a circle to make a clock face. Anywho, here is my connection with her

1) I went to a conference at Barbara Dewey's house over the summer
2) BD's granddaughter was the chef
3) the granddaughter's boyfriend was also there, and (ta da!)
4) his sister's...
5) boyfriend's...
6) mother is Sharon Lovejoy

How funny is that.

1 comment:

Sharon Lovejoy said...

Hi Rhoda, WHOOOOOPS, I Am Sharon Lovejoy, but MY son is married with two children. Happily married!

Thank you so much for the kind words about my books. They are my children too, for all the children and families I love.

I do hope you attend the conference. It sounds like it will be fantastic, stimulating, heartwarming, and life affirming.

Green blessings to you and yours.

www.sharonlovejoy.blogspot.com