Tuesday, September 2, 2008

"A Little Nap"

Yesterday, Labor Day, there was no school and so I got to enjoy my children for all 3 days of the long weekend! We started the AM with a hike at the ACLT, then had lunch and a nice long nap and visited my Grammy and then stopped at a friend's house to pick vegetables from their garden. While we were visiting in their kitchen Rebecca suddenly threw up all over the floor and me. I got her home, no temp, tucked her into bed with a drink of water and she slept soundly all night. This morning she had a very slight temperature and was listless and pale so she obviously was sick and didn't go to school. When I just went to check on her because I heard her cough, she was sitting up and drinking from her water bottle and I said, Becca, I'm sorry that you're sick. How can I help you to feel better? She climbed onto my lap, snuggled for a long time, and then said in a tiny voice, "Could I just have a little nap?"

Whoa.

This kid is sick.

So I'm glad that I don't have a full time job yet and that I can be here for her, resting quietly at home. I'm doing Waldorf Curriculum work this morning and this afternoon I have a conference call with the school about the toddler program and weekend enrichment for the kindy/elem students. Hopefully we'll make some good progress at that meeting! Right now I am writing up a blurb for the state of MD about the curriculum for toddler. I love the Olympia Waldorf School website; they have a nice overview of Waldorf. We plan to base the program quite a bit on Sarah's work in Nurturing Children and Families.

No comments: