Friday, August 29, 2008

FD

TWS has been such a wonderful experience for my girls this week. Leah and Rebecca chopped vegetables for veg. soup yesterday -- today they did the story of The Little Red Hen. They love the school so much and I am so happy for them. I miss them terribly, though.

The 3rd/4th/5th grade downstairs class began Freehand Geometric Drawing today (using some of my form drawing books) with the first lesson: the straight line and the curve. The teacher is using it to lay the foundation for String, Straight Edge and Shadow, which she purchased from Bob & Nancy's and is going to integrate with her Ancient History lessons and to help some of her students improve their handwriting. She was tickled pink at how well the lesson had gone and I so enjoyed seeing her enthusiasm. :-)

Waldorf is just wonderful, isn't it?

No comments: