Thursday, August 7, 2008

Laurel Loop

Well, we did it! Today the girls and I hiked the Laurel Loop trail on the ACLT -- 1.24 miles. There were some steep hills but it was lovely. Ferns, laurel bushes, pine trees (all at different levels of course). I was thinking as I walked that I used to run cross-country in high school and am now so completely out of shape, it's laughable. I wonder if I could run the trail? I could do it once around while I got in shape and then do it several times if I got really into it. One always hates exercising where other people can see, but if you convince yourself you'll do it at home, no way. There's always laundry or dishes or something more appealing, like dusting the radiators. I'm speaking for myself, of course. I have done exercise videos in the past but now that there is no TV there is no way to watch them. So perhaps I'll start my day with a little run. :-)

In camp we made dipped candles and soap with your choice of lemon oil or dried lavender blossoms. It was a lovely day. Tomorrow is our cumulative project: a rain barrel for the school. We also need to give the sheep a bath, ha ha. I have grown so fond of Kylie and Jasper. It is hard to know that they will be sold at the county fair in a few weeks and slaughtered.

In my quest for natural living I have been wondering -- do you have to run in tennis shoes or is there a more natural alternative? Something not full of chemical foams. Perhaps little leather things that are like being barefoot? Time to do some online hunting!

No comments: