Thursday, August 7, 2008

Making Granola

Today after the Nature walk we had tick check and baths, made strawberry jello, had dinner (chili) and then made granola for tomorrow morning's breakfast. The FP gave us dried cherries so it was the perfect time to try the recipe. They also gave us the kidney beans and ground beef for the chili and the tomatoes were free off the side of the road. All I can say is Thank God for people who donate to the hungry. I can say from firsthand experience that it is a wonderful experience to be on the receiving end. Every once in a while it is a can that expired in 1997 :-) but for the most part we have had many many meals that I never could have been able to afford otherwise.

Tomorrow is the final day of camp and I am really sad about it. My girls have been counting down the days since I'll be home again full time but I am sad about packing up all my books and supplies, moving out of my classroom, and -- mostly -- not seeing these people again. My aide and I have gotten really close and a lot of those children I have spent the entire summer with and have really gotten to know them. I will miss them.

No comments: