Monday, September 26, 2011

Flavors of Autumn

I am so excited that it is Autumn! Our circle time poem this week is "Merry Autumn" by May Morgan, from Let Us Form a Ring: An Acorn Hill Anthology. We are very lucky that Acorn Hill is right near us, in Silver Spring MD, and I have been to a parenting discussion that was led by Nancy Foster! Anyway, it was the "acorn growing into a tree" wet on wet watercolor painting today (from Kelly Morrow's DVD, one of the days of Creation series, but I like to use In a Nutshellfor it) and squirrels and hazelnuts in Math, and tomorrow it will be oak leaves in Beeswax Modeling, and on Wednesday, which is Cooking, we will make the "Butternut Squash Soup" from the The Waldorf School Book of Soups.






That soup looks so delicious! We have a short week this week because of the County Fair and so I am taking my girls camping. We can't wait.

Tonight I roasted a chicken with some potatoes and glazed butternut squash. Yummy. And Natalie and I made Molasses Sandwich Cookies this evening. This is a very easy and kid-friendly recipe.

This is my favorite time of year. Except Winter, Spring, and Summer. I do love them all. But I am ready to a change from the sticky heat so... enjoy Autumn everyone!

No comments: