Wednesday, May 11, 2016

First Birthday Party

My little sweet pea is growing up! So what better theme for a First Birthday Party then celebrating fruits & veggies and having a summer picnic?

I love our Cherry Birthday Ring from Nova Natural and when the girls were little I always got ornaments each year which reflected the theme of their parties. Natalie's first birthday was teddy bears, so I got her

We've had parties like Ocean (this one featured the Seahorse birthday ring ornament, a family trip to the aquarium, and an ice cream cake molded in the shape of a sand castle and covered with graham cracker crumbs), Star, Ladybug, and Bunny... and seeing the ornaments each year when we unpack the birthday ring brings it all back. For Zac I'm thinking maybe the bumblebee:


I'd love nothing more than to get him the STUNNING Greater Pyramid Blocks

but I think that'll be a present-for-the-entire-family Christmas splurge.


The Greater Pyramid Wooden Block Set (Large)
18"Wx18"Dx8"H

Made by Grimm's, who believe creativity develops the imagination and free spirit
Set features 100 blocks ranging in height from 2.5" to 7.75"
Waldorf education-inspired
Each piece is handmade and hand sanded so there are no sharp edges or corners
Beautifully rich colors
Can be stored in its sturdy wooden tray

Basswood blocks colored with water based dyes and natural oils
Tray is made of basswood and beech plywood


This birthday I'm thinking about a toy that I used to have for my girls but gave it away when I thought I'd not be having any more children, the 11 Piece Rainbow Colored Stacker. And my mom is giving him the Grasper.


Ideas for food?

I saw a really cute recipe for Black Bean Hummus in Flower Pots which we HAVE to do.

I also have a few fresh (and easy) fruit & veggie-filled favorite recipes:

Watermelon, Orange, and Feta Salad

Salmon Nicoise Salad

Raw Kale Salad with Pomegranate and Toasted Walnuts

Pasta Shells with No-Cook Tomato Sauce

Blackberry and Ginger Trifle

1 comment:

Truffula said...

That hummus table presentation is great!