Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Around the Year

Just found an old page from 2006 (Becca would have been just 1) called "Around the Year" and it's so sweet. I would do this project again if I still had little ones and was doing a Nature Table. I was keeping track of what bloomed when, and what curriculum resources I had to match.

Around the Year
East Coast United States
zone 7


January

    Sasanqua -- fall blooming camellia -- January 11

    winter honeysuckle


February

    Vinca minor -- periwinkle -- February 10

    snowdrops -- February 17


March

    crocus -- March 7

    daffodils -- March 10

    forsythia


April

    cherry tree -- Song of the Wild Cherry Blossom Fairy -- April 7

    tulips

    the first dandelions -- When the Wind Stops by Charlotte Zolotow -- April 27


May

    reblooming iris -- first bloom -- May 2

    dwarf korean lilac -- May 13

    azaleas

    strawberries -- pick strawberries


June


July

    wineberries -- pick wineberries -- July 2

    zinnias -- Song of the Zinnia Fairy -- July 26

    sunflowers -- July 29


August

    blackberries -- pick blackberries -- August 1

    lavender -- Song of the Lavender Fairy -- August 5

    daylilies -- August 9

    small cornhusk doll for Nature table -- August 13

    morning glories -- August 16

    peach tree -- pick peaches -- August 18


September

    crab apple tree -- pick crab apples -- Song of the Crab-Apple Fairy -- September 14

    sweet gum -- gather gumballs -- September 29


October

    black walnut -- gather nuts -- October 13

    oak tree -- gather acorn caps for Felt Wee Folk -- October 19


November

    dogwood berries -- November 1

    ivy leaves -- November 14

    pine tree -- gather pinecones -- November 22


December



This post contains affiliate links to materials I truly use for homeschooling. Qualifying purchases provide me with revenue. Thank you for your support!

No comments: