I have a lot of new poetry collections that I would recommend since then, but it's still fun to look back at my past thinking!
Winter

Talking Like the Rain: A Read-to-Me Book of Poems
ed. by X. J. Kennedy et al.
- "Winter Morning" by Ogden Nash
- "Cynthia in the Snow" by Gwendolyn Brooks
- "First Snowflake" by N.M. Bodecker
Poetry of Earth
illus. by Adrienne Adams
- "Velvet Shoes" by Elinor Wylie
Poetry Speaks to Children book & CD
ed. by Elise Paschen, et al.
- "Skating in the Wind" by Kristine O'Connell George
- "Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening" by Robert Frost - read by the poet
- "Winter" by W.D. Snodgrass - read by the poet
Spring

Basho and the Fox
by Tim Myers

Basho and the River Stones
by Tim Myers
How to Write Haiku and Other Short Poems
by Paul Janeczko
Red Dragonfly on My Shoulder
ed. by Sylvia Cassedy
Eric Carle's Animals Animals
ed. by Laura Whipple
Zin! Zin! Zin! a Violin
by Lloyd Moss
Summer
The Hutchinson Treasury of Children's Poetry
ed. by Alison Sage

Pigs in the Mud in the Middle of the Rud
by Lynn Plourde

Every Time I Climb a Tree
by David McCord
- "Glowworm"
- "Far Away"
- "The Grasshopper"
- "Bananas and Cream"

The Dragons Are Singing Tonight
by Jack Prelutsky
- "I Am Boom!"

Handsprings
by Douglas Florian
- "Growing"
- "Rain Song"
- "Rain Reign"
Insectlopedia
by Douglas Florian
- "The Army Ants"
- "The Inchworm"
- "The Praying Mantis"
- "The Whirligig Beetles"
- "The Termites"
- "The Locusts"

Creatures of Earth, Sea, and Sky
by Georgia Heard
- "Hummingbird"
- "Fishes"
- "Frog Serenade"
Autumn

Where the Sidewalk Ends
by Shel Silverstein

Here's a Little Poem
ed. by Jane Yolen, et al

Whose Garden Is It?
by Mary Ann Hoberman

I Love You As Much
by Laura Krauss Melmed

In the Land of Elves
by Daniela Drescher

Child of Faerie, Child of Earth
by Jane Yolen

Louella Mae, She's Run Away!
by Karen Beaumont Alarcón
This post contains affiliate links to materials I truly use for homeschooling. Qualifying purchases provide me with revenue. Thank you for your support!

Immersive Experience
No comments:
Post a Comment