Thursday, September 17, 2026

Pigleta!

In my Handwork series post for grade 5, I suggested starting the year with Pigleta, an absolutely adorable handy-needle-holding fairy pig created by Trixi Symonds. I got this pattern at the Making Zen workshop in May.

The next Making Zen workshop is coming up (from Sep 28 to Oct 2) so if you like free Handwork patterns and video tutorials, I highly recommend it!

For our Pigleta pattern, we sprinkle-dyed white wool felt with Kool-Aid powder. We used cherry for the dark pink and pink lemonade for the light.

The children love that they get to pick a fabric of their choice for her little apron. This way everyone's will look different! Before you sew the apron closed at the top, you slip in a slim magnet. We are using 25mm x 2mm.

It's going to be so much fun to embroider on her little face and give each pig some personality! Here are all of the blog posts in my Handwork Series:


This post contains affiliate links to materials I truly use for homeschooling. Qualifying purchases provide me with revenue. Thank you for your support!

No comments: