Thursday, June 11, 2009

Enamelware

I want to share an idea that has recently been a success at our house. The new house is quite tiny and we have no dishwasher. This made it hard until I came up with the idea of having each person have a cup, a bowl, and a plate and we each wash our own. I do all the silverware and the pots and pans and serving pieces, and so on, but the girls do their 3 pieces after each meal. I wanted something that wouldn't chip if they dropped it in the sink and that was color-coded so each girl knew what was hers. Luckily, my mother had gotten them all children's enamelware sets from Mackenzie-Child's when they were born. Perfect! Just what I was looking for -- cup, bowl, plate. Natalie has the chicken set, Leah the duck set, and Becca the frog set. The girls know whose dishes are whose, proudly wash them, and set them back at their place at the table, ready for the next meal. The pieces individually are somewhat expensive ($22 each). They are beautifully made and handpainted, and I can testify to the fact that they are very sturdy and kid-friendly.










They have enamelware for adults, too!

No comments: