Tuesday, March 16, 2010

"The Dancing Cow"

I forgot to post our new bedtime Read Aloud story; it is Mary Poppins

NOT the movie version, mind you, the original (where she is decidedly a lot less nice).





Nothing against Julie Andrews, but the original M.P. was pretty stern and sniffed in a haughty way and said "I beg your pardon?" quite a lot. She was a tough love kind of gal. But I loved those books -- probably because she was just like my mother -- and rereading them now has been a real blast from the past. Today's chapter was "The Dancing Cow" and I was going to write and say that it was by far my favorite chapter, when I noticed that tomorrow's is "Bad Tuesday," which I loved... and then I looked some more and remembered "The Bird Woman" and "Mrs. Corry" and the truth is that I just can't pick a favorite. P.L. Travers wrote more than one volume and I think I may have to spring for the remaining titles:

  • Mary Poppins Comes Back


  • Mary Poppins Opens the Door


  • Mary Poppins in the Park




I know my children will want to read them all!

No comments: